It’s obvious to think or assume that you must have a bank account to add money to your PayPal account. You have to link it to your PayPal so that you can transfer money to it. You may also need to link your debit or credit card.
But you may wonder if there is any alternative? Is there any other way to do the same thing, transfer or Add money to your PayPal account without a bank account?
And the answer is, yes. There are alternatives to doing that. So, without further ado, let’s dive in. let’s get to know about how to add money to PayPal without bank account.
- How to Add Money to PayPal Without Bank Account?
- Add Money to Paypal via PayPal Cash Card or Checks
- Adding Money With The Help of Your Family, relatives, or Friends
- FAQs about Add Money to PayPal without Bank Account
- Final thought
How to Add Money to PayPal Without Bank Account?
In this article, we will be discussing three of the easiest ways how you can put money on PayPal without bank account or without having a bank account. Let’s go!
1) Add Money to Paypal With The PayPal App
The first process talking about is the app. Yes, through the official PayPal app you can add money to your account without the need to link a bank account. However, to do that-
- Download and install the Paypal app from PlayStore or AppStore
- Now first, open the PayPal app, and click on the “PayPal Balance” option.
- Choose the option “More.”
- Next, press on the option “Add a Store.”
- Now, you will have to go with selecting a retail store where you want to add your cash.
[Okay! Before moving forward, let’s get to clear some things. You have to go to a retail store that provides the service of adding money to a PayPal account. That’s a must if you want to add money without a bank account. Moving one…]
- After selecting the retail store where you want to add your cash, press on the option “Generate Barcode” The motive of this process is to make sure that the money gets added to the right PayPal account. The code works for identifying your account of yours.
- Now, take the barcode that you got to the retail store that you have selected. Next, show the cashier your code and he or she will ask you about how much money you want to add to your account. However, when it comes to adding money, PayPal has set a limit here and that is between $20-$500.
- When the transaction is done, you will receive an email from PayPal stating that the money has been transferred to your account. Usually, if done right, you will get the money in your account within 15 minutes.
However, there is one thing that you have to keep in mind and that is, that most of the retail shops proving this service charge an amount which is up to $3.95. In some cases, the service charge depends on the amount of money you will be adding to your account. You can use the money that is in your PayPal account to pay the service charge.
2) Add Money to PayPal From Debit Card
There is another simple way to add money to your PayPal account and this is via a debit card. But you will have to link the card to your PayPal account. In order to do that-
- Open the app in the first place and login into your account.
- Go to the “wallet” section.
- Select the option “Link to a Credit or Debit Card”.
- You will be given more instructions to move to the next steps. Eventually, you will have t add your card details, billing address, etc. And your card will be linked to your PayPal account.
However, keep in mind that you may need to complete a biometric or 3D security process by your bank.
So, now that we have talked about some of the most usual and easy ways of adding money to your PayPal without your bank account. We will be talking about another option that you can go with. However, this one is a bit unusual but some of you may find it pretty easy.
Add Money to Paypal via PayPal Cash Card or Checks
Here we will discuss 2 ways of adding money to your PayPal account without linking your bank account. To go with the first method, you need to own a PayPal cash plus or cash account. Another way is using the approved checks.
However, there is one thing that you need to know and that is, that both of these services will charge a service fee.
1) Add Money to PayPal via PayPal Cash Card
To go with the option of using a PayPal cash card, you will have to go to a retail store and load the cards. Now, here comes a question, what are the stores that load PayPal cards? Well, these are- 7-eleven, Rite Aid, Family Dollar, Dollar General, CVS, Dollar Tree, Walmart, Walgreens, etc here PayPal add cash at the store.
After choosing a retail store, you will have to go there and give the card along with the money you want to add to your account to the cashier of the store. The cashier will take care of the rest of the things. When the money is added to your account, you will be notified about it via email.
As we have mentioned earlier that you will have to pay a service fee and it can be up to $4.95 dollars. The amount also depends on which retail store you wish to visit.
2) Add Money to PayPal via PayPal Checks
On the other hand, if you want to go with the option of using the PayPal check, you will have to follow the process stated below-
- First of all, you will have to open the PayPal app and at the bottom of the home screen of the app, you will find the option “More” Select that.
- Go on with selecting the option “Cash Check.”
- Next, you will have to follow the given instructions. You will also be told to take the picture of your check which will be sent to PayPal for verification purposes.
- If the check you own is approved, within 10 days your money will be transferred to your account by PayPal. However, if you want the process to be faster, you can do that. But you will be charged for that reason. For government checks, you won’t be charged more than 1% and 5% (not more than $5 dollars) for all the other checks.
So! Now that we have talked about three of the most usual and easy ways of adding money to your PayPal without your bank account, we will be talking about another option that you can go with. However, this one is a bit unusual but some of you may find it pretty easy.
Adding Money With The Help of Your Family, relatives, or Friends
The thing is if the above-stated ways aren’t useful for you can simply ask your close ones to help you a bit in this regard.
Your closed ones can simply send you money directly to their PayPal account to your PayPal account. And you can directly hand over the money that they have sent you at a time which is suitable for both of you. This makes the whole process very simple and time-saving. All you have to make sure is that the email of the sender is linked to your PayPal account as well.
However, though the process seems more simple, there are some things that you have to keep in mind. The sender may be charged a service fee for sending you the money. They won’t have to pay the service fee if the currency is the same and if they are sending you the money directly from their PayPal balance or linking it to a bank account.
But if their account is linked to a credit or debit card, they will have to pay the service fee.
If the money they are sending is not of the same currency, they will have to pay the currency conversion fee. So, if your close ones are abroad and you consider going this way, then keep in mind that it will cost you a bit more.
As we have talked about adding money without a bank account, here comes a question, can we withdraw money without a bank account? Well, the answer is yes but it differs from country to country. In the US you can withdraw money without linking a bank account but you will have to use checks for doing that. Let’s get to know about the process below-
- First, open the PayPal app and log in to your account.
- Select “Transfer to Your Bank.” Then you will find this option under the “PayPal Balance” option.
- Click on “Request a Check,” now you can ask for the check via email and after requesting, you may get it within 1-2 weeks.
However, you will have to pay a service fee of $1.5 for each check you withdraw. You will also have to verify or confirm your address before you can withdraw money from your PayPal account.
There is another option to withdraw money from your PayPal account in the US and that is having a PayPal debit card and transfer money to the card.
If you are in a European country, you can withdraw money by downloading the VISA card issued by a bank. But it totally relies on the fact which bank is there is the Europe network of VISA card.
FAQs about Add Money to PayPal without Bank Account
Can I get money in my PayPal account without linking it to my bank account?
Yes, you can get money without linking to a bank account.
Can I have a PayPal account without a bank account?
Yes, you can have a PayPal account without having a bank account.
Can you buy stuff with PayPal without linking it to a bank account?
Yes, you can surely buy stuff with PayPal and you won’t have to link your bank account to it in order to do that.
Can I withdraw money from PayPal without a bank account?
Yes, you can do that but it varies from one country to another. But if you are in the US, you can choose to go with using checks for withdrawing money.
That’s it, here I discuss with you how to send money to PayPal without an account. So hopefully these steps are helpful for sending money or how to add money to PayPal without a bank account in 2022.